Friday, April 29, 2005

Old hand at blogging, new to the Tech Room...

I'm kind of the blogging queen on the Tech Room staff -- my personal blog, Partial to the Bean is almost 4 years old -- so I'm the one who set this little space up and I will probably be tweaking the settings and fiddling with the knobs right up until the time I leave for the International Conference in July.

Speaking of which, this is my first International Conference! I'm very excited!! I've been a LLLLeader in Chester County, PA, for close to 6 years so I'm really looking forward to finally getting a taste of the Conference Experience™. Working on Tech Room planning without ever having been to a LLLI Conference Tech Room is a challenge for me because I'm kind of working blind!

3 Comments:

Blogger Suna Kendall said...

Jennifer, you can always get a feel for Technology Rooms by visiting the web pages for past LLLI Conferences. We always have lots and lots of Tech Room photos. For example http://www.lalecheleague.org/03conf/photos.html#tech
http://www.lalecheleague.org/01conf/photostechroom.html
http://www.lalecheleague.org/99conf/virtgallery.html

My how I have aged since 1999.

Sue Ann

5:36 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Heaney said...

Jennifer, You will love working in the Tech Room. It is always one of my favorite places at an ICf! The crew is really fun (tho' you probably already knew that) and most people stop in to see what is going on, so you get to meet a lot of folks. Of course, then there are the chat Guest Speakers, which is always fun.

I was thinking that it might be nice to have a list of links on the side, kinda like a Blog Roll but it could link to different interesting pages, like the previous conference Tech Room pages that Sue Ann posted, and the like, as things get rolling, then add the other blogs (with those members pre-conference planning/thoughts, etc), schedules of chats, etc.

The blog really looks great!

6:26 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Oo, good idea, Barbara! I've added a links section to the sidebar. :)

8:06 AM  

<< Home