Sunday, May 01, 2005

Podcasting plans for this summer's LLLI Conference

Hi! I'm Elisabeth. I'm a LLL Leader and LLL Communication Skills Instructor from the midwestern part of the United States. I will be putting together podcasts in the Technology Room at this year's International Conference.

Although I have worked off and on in technology-related fields since 1987, this entry is my first experience with blogging. I am so glad that the LLLI Conference Technology Room blog is a collaborative effort! So far, setting up a profile and posting to the blog have been really easy and straightforward. I am encouraged to see how simple the process has been. Now, if all our other preparations for the Technology Room are as smooth and effortless, we'll have it made...

Many of you have probably heard of podcasting. Podcasts are a popular way to make audio files available over the Internet. Once a listener tells her computer some simple instructions about how to capture (or download) the podcasts (shows) she likes, she can listen, at her convenience, on the computer, or on a portable mp3 player (or iPod). Listeners can check out a single show, or set it up to update their device with the latest edition of a favorite program.

The main benefit of podcasting is that listeners can sync content to their media player and take it with them to listen whenever they want to. I like to put new podcasts on my iPod, and listen to them when I'm riding my bike, or while I'm fixing dinner. Because podcasts are typically saved in MP3 format, they can also be listened to on nearly any computer. (I'm listening to a Dutch music podcast while I type this!)

At the LLL International Conference this summer, we plan to bring listeners a series of interesting conversations with the people taking part in the conference.

Whether you are attending the conference in Washington, or spending this summer at home, please share with us: what conversations would you like us to share with you? We plan on talking with many of the session presenters to podcast for you.... but what else would you like to hear?

I'm looking forward to "hearing" your ideas, whether in podcast form, or just regular old email.

Elisabeth

0 Comments:

<< Home