Friday, June 24, 2005

I'm getting excited!

Ok, so I admit, I *am*! I went and listened to several podcasts today, and am thrilled that Elizabeth has gotten so many great speakers! She wrote about being star struck- lol- I agree. I remember during the last conference chat negotiations going back and forth with "Tom"- er, Dr. Hale. LOL. That was a bit unnerving, to say the least, but pretty cool!

This time around, I had a *lovely* phone conversation with Lu Hanessian, the host of Make Room for Baby (the Discovery Health Channel), for about a half an hour. I really wish I was going- she is going to be singing at the closing ceremony. She seems really grounded and very nice.

We've got SO many great folks coming and doing online chats- and many of them are also doing podcasts. Hmmmmm- I wonder if some of them would be interested in doing a chat too? (like Hilary Flowers)

I am hoping to get everyone signed up for helping. So far it is slow going. Last time, we didn't have many people signed up, but we had plenty of help, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm still hoping to get some other Leaders interested in helping out by greeting in the foyer of the chat software. So far, no takers, though.

I am also hoping that my whole family is not vomiting and ill this conference.

The chat schedule can be found here, btw: http://www.lalecheleague.org/05conf/chats.html

Tallis :)

0 Comments:

<< Home